Amateur wildlife photographers need to get snapping – as the deadline for our 2016 calendar competition has been brought forward slightly.
Entries for next year’s DZG calendar need to be submitted by June 30th.
Here are some of winning images which made it on to our terrific 2015 calendar.
Marketing Manager Andrea Hales said: “We’re asking keen photographers to capture our amazing animals on camera and send the images to us to be considered for our 2016 calendar.
“We’ve got a great group of amateur snappers who are members and regular visitors and the pictures they post on social media sites are wonderful.
“Let’s hope both our regulars and newcomers send in some spectacular shots to make our 2016 calendar really special.”
Entries will be judged by DZG photographer, Jason Skarratt, who has spent the last four years producing incredible pictures of some of the world’s rarest animals.
He’ll pick out a balanced representation across the various sections big cats, ungulates, reptiles, primates and birds to come up with the 13 best images, one for each month and one for the front cover.
Proceeds from the 2016 calendar will be given to Painted Dog Conservation in Zimbabwe – an organisation whose representatives recently visited DZG to talk about its work saving endangered African hunting dogs in the wild through action and education.
This year’s calendar raised an impressive £700 for charity 21st Century Tiger towards wild tiger conservation projects.
* As with our previous calendars, images must be square and full colour.
* Deadline date for all images to be submitted is June 30th, 2015.
* Entries to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Up to two entries per person.
* Image must be of species currently held within DZG’s collection.
* Initial submissions for judging may be low-res, but winning entries must be supplied at 300dpi and measure 24cm x 24cm.
HAPPY SNAPPING AND GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!