COVID-19 UPDATE: Monday 4th January
DUE TO THE NATIONAL LOCKDOWN, DZC IS NOW CLOSED TO VISITORS.
We’re all immensely sad at having to shut our turnstiles again and the closure will only force further financial strains on our charity, but we realise it’s for the greater good and we all need to play our part to protect the communities around us.
If you have tickets pre-booked to visit us in the coming weeks, please contact us when we reopen and we’ll be able to rearrange your date.
Please note, our phone lines are not currently manned. Please email your enquiry to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – FOR WHEN WE RE-OPEN.
We’ve had to pop a few measures and restrictions in place so you can still enjoy a lovely safe day out, so please read the important information below before you purchase your tickets via the link at the bottom of this page.
If you need to purchase tickets please use our online booking system.
If you are a DZ Member or Four Seasons pass holder you can now BOOK ONLINE or by calling our office. You must bring your Membership card and booking reference number with you on the day of your visit.
If you have adoption or free return tickets – you MUST pre book by calling 01384 215313 (phones are manned during office hours, Monday to Friday).
If you are planning to visit us soon, please read the following:
- A date and time to visit us will need to be pre-booked in advance. Please help us maintain social distancing by arriving within the chosen time slot.
- Tickets will only available online at www.dudleyzoo.org.uk and only valid for the date and time chosen at time of booking.
- Dates on tickets cannot be changed and are non-refundable.
- These pre-purchased tickets cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion or vouchers.
- Admission tickets are subject to availability and may be changed or withdrawn at any time.
- For the health and safety of our visitors, we have set a maximum capacity on the amount of visitors we will admit on site each day. Therefore, tickets are limited and available on a first come first served basis
- Car parking is £3.50 for the day. Please pre-purchase your car park token online at the same time you purchase your tickets, as we’d rather not handle any cash payments on the day.
- We have increased our handwash facilities around the site. The product we use is NewGenn. Please take the time to read the contents of NewGenn’s content data sheet here.
- To conform to Government Legislation you can only purchase a maximum of 6 tickets per booking from the same household.
- As DZC falls in a Tier 4 area, we ask visitors to follow the latest government guidelines for your local Tier prior to booking.
Do you already have a ticket? Then please read this as it applies to you!
- If you have previously pre-purchased an admission ticket that you’ve not had chance to use; an Adopter with adoption tickets; or have a complimentary ticket then please contact us so we can book the date you would like to visit. This is all subject to availability on the day.
- We will accept DZ Kids go Free Vouchers. These still need to be pre-booked by calling us.
- For more information or if you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not be accepting any general admissions who turn up on the day without pre-booking your visit
Please note the following restrictions will remain in place for the time being:
- Access to the site will be via the turnstile entrance, situated on Castle Hill.
- Please either scan the NHS Covid-19 QR code to check in on arrival, or complete the paper copy if you prefer.
- There will be no land train or chairlift operating as we feel that these activities are too close contact for the time being.
- All indoor animal exhibits, including The Reptile House, Castle Creatures, Lorikeet Lookout and Primate House are closed as per Government guidelines.
- Fun fair is closed.
- Under Tier 4, the Safari Gift Shop will be closed.
- Due to the current Government legislation, the Queen Mary Restaurant will be open for takeaway refreshments. Catering outlets are now taking card payments and cash payments.
- Toilet facilities are available – please continue to follow the self distancing and hand wash rules!
- We’re not currently offering a talks programme at animal enclosures as we don’t want to encourage large groups.
- We’re now able to hire out mobility scooters and wheelchairs again. Please call to reserve one giving at least 24 hours notice. Warning, there is a steep camber at the Meerkats which is not suitable for wheelchair and scooter users.
- You are welcome to bring your own picnic. Outdoor seating is available around the site.
- The Castle Courtyard is open, however the Castle keep will remain closed due to social distancing.
- Children’s play equipment (except the beach) and Lemur Wood are now open (face mask to be worn in Lemur Wood).
- Please download our revised site map to help you plan your visit.
- EXIT the Zoo via the turnstiles on Castle Hill.
Here’s some frequently asked questions…..
Is it safe to visit?
The health and safety of our visitors, staff and animals is always our priority. Please read the restrictions we have put in place above. We’re only selling a limited amount of tickets each day, which need to pre-booked in advance so with a 40 acre site, there’s plenty of space to social distance.
Will we have to queue?
We will only be using our turnstile entrance to access the site. So please be aware, that you may have to queue for longer than previously. However, there are 2m markers on the floor to allow social distancing.
Where can I eat?
The Queen Mary Restaurant will be open for takeaway refreshments. Catering outlets are now accepting card and cash payments. Please note it is compulsory to wear a face mask covering when buying food and drink to take away from the Queen Mary restaurant.
There is currently no indoor eating areas available.
Are the animals in danger?
All of our animals are safe and well. Our keepers have carried out extra cleaning duties and we’re not currently offering any zoo keeper experiences to prevent our animals being put at risk.
What happens if you are a Member or Four Seasons pass holder?
Members & pass holders must pre-book their visit, quoting their Membership number, either BY USING OUR ONLINE CALENDAR or by calling 01384 215313. You must bring your Membership card with you on the day of your visit.
Should I wear a face mask?
Our staff will be wearing masks and relevant PPE when appropriate. It is not a requirement that you are asked to wear a mask, however, if you feel you would like to as a precautionary measure, then you are welcome to do so. If you wish to visit the Safari Gift Shop when it’s open, then you will be asked to wear a face mask before entering.
Is safe parking available?
We have large car parks which offer considerable space for you to safely park your vehicle. Please either pre-purchase your car park token online or at the token machine on the car park. Please observe social distancing guidance when parking and entering/exiting your vehicle.
Our car park is located on the Tipton Road (DY1 4SQ). When arriving at Castle Gate roundabout from Birmingham New Road turn right on to the Tipton Road and follow the signs.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE THE CORRECT DATE AT TIME OF BOOKING AS DATES ON TICKETS CANNOT BE CHANGED AND ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.