Location, Location, Location
DZC is much more than a zoo; hundreds of animals inhabit an ancient wooded hillside around the ruins of the 11th century Dudley Castle and share a site with the world’s largest single collection of Modernist Tecton structures.
The above is just one of the reasons we are the choice for many event organisers and location co-ordinators who have discovered the unique site!
We’ve provided a back drop for many TV favourites and location events include:
- BBC’s Live ‘n’ Deadly
- CBeebies Andy’s Baby Animals
- Lenny Henry’s First Love Life story
- Danny & the Human Zoo
- Ray & Liz
- TV adverts
- TV programmes including Doctors, Daziel & Pascoe, DIY SOS, Newsround, Don’t Tell the Bride, The One Show, BBC4’s Timeshift – a Day at the Zoo, One by One, BBC1’s Truth about Stress, Most Haunted, Super Nanny
- Open air concerts by Status Quo, Katherine Jenkins and Australian Pink Floyd
- National Geographic wildlife footage
- Live broadcasting for local radio stations
- Sky News, Midlands Today, Sikh TV, Central News, Made in Birmingham
- Paranormal investigations
- Classic car shows
- Photographic shoots
So why not consider DZC as your next location? To apply for commercial filming or photography at Dudley Zoo, please complete and return this Filming Photography Request Form to email@example.com.
Hourly rates are available from arrival on site until departure charged for each hour or part thereof. Fees are based on filming or photographing public areas only with no special access to animal enclosures.
Additional location fees will apply for filming and interacting with animals. Interviews with staff will also incur additional charges.
Opening hours at DZC are from 10am-5pm (winter) and 6pm (summer). Filming or photography outside of these hours can be made by prior arrangement and will incur additional costs.
Prior permission must be granted for any visitors wishing to access the site to take images or videos to sell for commercial purposes. As a registered charity, additional fees will apply. Please email
firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
For Press & Media Enquiries
Our media office is open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Direct Line: 01384 215325
Direct Line: 01384 215301