Due to Covid-19 we have temporarily taken our Animal experiences off sale. We hope to put them back on sale later in the year once we re-open and have booked all outstanding experiences in our diary.
Unfortunately, we are postponing all May and June experiences, so if you have a Zoo keeper experience, Little zoo keeper experience, animal experience or a birthday party booked in May or June, we will be in touch with you re-arrange your date once we are back open.
When you purchase a Close Encounter experience, you make a vital contribution to our conservation work.
Close Encounters, last around 20-30 minutes and make a fantastic birthday, anniversary, or Christmas gift.
Your purchase actively supports our vital conservation programmes and helps pay for special animal treats, toys, bedding, health checks, food bills, heating and more.
Choose one of the following Close Encounter packages for you and a friend to experience:
- Feed the Lemurs (for ages 8+) – £95 for 2 people; £140 for 4 people (valid on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays)
- Feed the Spider monkeys (for ages 12+) – £95 for 2 people (valid on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays)
- Feed the Penguins* (for ages 8+) – £95 for 2 people (valid on Tuesdays & Fridays only)
- Feed the Giraffes* (for ages 8+) – £95 for 2 people (valid every day at 10.30am)
- Feed a Big cat (for ages 16+) – £110 for 2 people (valid on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays)
- Creature feature* (for ages 6+) – £50 for 2 people; £75 for 4 people (valid every day at 1.30 pm)
- Feed the Sea lions (for ages 8+) – £95 for 2 people; (valid on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays)
- Tickle a Tapir (for ages 8+) – £95 for 2 people (valid on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays)
- Meet the Spiders (for ages 12+) – £95 for 2 people (valid every day at 12 pm)
Each participant receives:
- Access to your chosen animals and activities including feeding, grooming OR behind the scenes access
- An experienced keeper with knowledge on your chosen animal
- Zoo admission
- Email confirmation – purchase your animal experience now and choose a date or purchase it as an open gift and call us to check availability (experiences are valid for 12 months from date of purchase). All relevant documents will be emailed to you as a .pdf.
- All participants must complete and sign a Health & Safety checklist on the day of the experience.
- Any child participants 8-15 years must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Due to popularity of our Close Encounters, please book early to avoid disappointment – NOT ALL ARE AVAILABLE ON WEEKENDS.
- Due to animal welfare issues your choice of animal experience may not be available. If this is the case, an alternative experience will be offered.