There’s just one week until entry closes for the DZG calendar photography contest and the competition is really hotting up!
ABOVE: A trio of winning images which earned their place on the 2015 DZG calendar
As the deadline looms, dozens of impressive images have been winging their way to zoo staff planning our 2016 calendar, which will raise money to help protect African hunting dogs in the wild.
The tricky task of judging will be left to DZG photographer Jason Skarratt, who has spent the last four years capturing some stunning snaps of many of our 1,300 animals.
He’ll pick out a balanced representation across the various sections big cats, ungulates, reptiles, primates and birds to come up with the 13 best images, one for each month and one for the front cover.
Marketing Manager Andrea Hales said: “I think Jason will have his work cut out as the entries are of an exceptionally high standard.
“Keen amateur wildlife photographers still have time to enter as the deadline is June 30, so I would urge everyone to get clicking.”
Proceeds from the 2016 calendar will be given to Painted Dog Conservation in Zimbabwe – an organisation whose representatives recently visited DZG to talk about its work saving endangered African hunting dogs in the wild through action and education.
This year’s calendar raised an impressive £700 for charity 21st Century Tiger towards wild tiger conservation projects.
* As with our previous calendars, images must be square and full colour.
* Photos submitted have to have been taken at DZG within the last 12 months.
* Deadline date for all images to be submitted is June 30th, 2015.
* Entries to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Up to two entries per person.
* Images must be of species currently held within DZG’s collection.
* Initial submissions for judging may be low-res, but winning entries must be supplied at 300dpi and measure 24cm x 24cm.
THERE’S STILL TIME TO ENTER – HAPPY SNAPPING!!!