A special opportunity to work with some of the rarest and most endangered animals in the world.
Participants work alongside their own personal zoo keeper and across all animal sections.
Your purchase actively supports our vital conservation programmes and helps pay for special animal treats, toys, bedding, health checks, food bills, heating and more.
Visit our vital Supporters Centre and book a Keeper Experience now
We offer two packages (depending on the age of the participants):
Adult Zoo Keeper (for people aged 14+ years; experiences for participants aged 14 and 15 years will not involve the big cats).
Mondays, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays, 10am until 4pm
£195 for ONE person, includes:
- Admission to the Zoo
- One guest admission ticket*
- Lunch voucher
- Souvenir Gift
- A day working alongside our Zoo keepers and special animals
* Please note that for health & safety reasons the guest of the ‘Keeper’ cannot join in this experience and their admission ticket is valid for a Zoo visit only.
£245 for two people – save £145 when two people book together!
Little Zoo Keepers (for children aged 8-13 years)
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 10 am until 1 pm.
£80 for one child, £125 for two children; £165 for three children or £200 for four children – save £120 when four children book together!
Go behind the scenes to see how our Zoo works and meet animals such as tapirs and penguins. Help to feed, clean and care for the animals on the farm (animals can vary and are subject to change).
- One adult admission ticket per booking (not per child).
- Additional guest adults & children welcome at group admission rates. (Please note guests cannot participate in any Zoo Keeper activities).
- 20% discount voucher for use in the Queen Mary Restaurant per booking
- Souvenir Gift per child
- Discount Return Admission Voucher per child
Your confirmation is delivered for FREE by email.
- All participants must complete and sign a Health & Safety checklist on the day of the experience. No other adults or children will be able to join this experience unless pre-booked.
- Please note if you are booking less than 4 children on one experience, there may be other children taking part on the same day (up to a maximum of 4 children).
- The Zoo Keeper experience is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. This means for gift purchases, if the date has been left open by the purchaser, the gift recipient has 12 months from date of purchase to contact the Zoo and attend the experience.
- A six month extension can be applied for up to 7 days prior to the expiry date subject to a £25 charge (please read our complete terms & conditions)
- Additional tickets to visit the Zoo can be purchased online or at the entrance.
- The Zoo Keeper experience days cannot be offered as educational work experience placements.
- Please give at least 3 months notice to book your experience date.
- Only single adult zoo keeper experiences include a guest admission.